Disabled Supporters Access to Stadium Tours and Museum
Situated in west London on the Fulham Road. On the approach to the Stadium Tours and Museum there is a gradual slope, with some uneven surfaces, levelling off to a flat access to the Museum itself.
The Museum is situated on the second floor with lift access. There are tour guides to assist once inside and audio guides are available.
The Stadium Tour route is accessible with ramps provided and seating at regular intervals.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 0371 811 1955 or email email@example.com.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of this website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info, simply enter your postcode and ours, which is SW6 1HS to get directions.
- The nearest tube station is Fulham Broadway, which is 0.2 miles away (a 5 minute walk).
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is limited parking on-site with provision for disabled parking spaces.
- The on-site car park surface is tarmac with a paved path leading to the Stadium Tours and Museum shop.
- There is an off-site car park 200m/216yds from the main entrance in the Fulham Broadway Centre.
- There is a drop-off point at the main entrance.
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- The Museum Shop and ticket desk are situated on the ground floor with step-free, level access throughout.
- There are some seats in this area.
- The floor surface is tiled.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting from fluorescent lights.
- There is a lowered section of the welcome/ticketing desk.
- Wheelchair loan is available free of charge on request.
- We offer concession prices and a complimentary carer.
Attraction (displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- Audio guides are available to visitors for the museum in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Chinese.
- There are interactive touch-screen activities within the Museum which can be accessed from sitting or standing. The cinema and DVD projections are fully accessible to wheelchair users.
- There are articles held in glass cabinets either upright or horizontal. All information for the content of the cabinets is visible from a seated position.
- Lighting around the exhibits is bright. However some areas of the museum are more dimly lit.
- Public toilets are located in the Museum with level access.
- These toilets have a unisex accessible toilet.
- A light, easy open door 900mm/35.5ins wide.
- The toilet height is 400mm/15.7ins.
- There are vertical rails at the side of the basin and toilet.
- There is a horizontal rail on the side wall adjacent to the toilet.
- An emergency alarm pull cord.
- The toilets are well lit with fluorescent tube overhead lighting with a low level light switch.
- The flooring is non-slip laminate.
- There are lever taps on the sinks.
Grounds and Gardens
- The Stadium Tour around the ground is fully accessible. There are gradual inclines with some pathways which can be uneven underfoot.
- Ramps are provided for accessibility into the stadium. The entrance to the press room and changing rooms is flat with doors 880mm/33ins.
- There is ramp access to the dugout area and pitchside is accessible with some uneven surfaces.
- All of our staff receive regular training that includes disability awareness training.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require it someone will assist you with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge. We have evacuation ski pads to assist. Staff are regularly trained.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs.
Address (Inc postcode):
Chelsea FC Stamford Bridge Fulham Road London SW6 1HS
0371 811 1955
Hours Of Operation:
Office hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm