FA Cup: 2007

Having had the prestigious honour of being the last team to win the FA Cup at the old Wembley, thanks to our win over Aston Villa in 2000, we became the first team to win the competition at the new-look stadium in 2007 when we beat Manchester United 1-0.

Prior to kick off, there was an inauguration ceremony for the Cup Final in the new stadium with a fly-past by the Red Arrows, before former winners of the tournament, including Ron Harris, Dennis Wise and Marcel Desailly, were paraded in front of the crowd.

Aside from the final score, the game itself was a disappointment; the two best teams in the country more or less cancelling each other out.

Jose Mourinho was forced to play Michael Essien alongside John Terry in central defence as injuries took their toll, but the Ghanaian made the transition comfortably and was seldom troubled. Paulo Ferreira also did a very good job of snuffing out the threat posed by his compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo.

Arjen Robben replaced Joe Cole at half time as we looked to inject a creative spark to our attacking play, and while Wayne Rooney and Didier Drogba both went close, the 90 minutes ended 0-0, forcing extra time to be played.

The match was finally won in the 116th minute when Drogba exchanged passes with Frank Lampard, before stabbing his effort past Edwin van der Sar to seal a historic victory for the Blues and claim our second trophy of the season, having earlier won the League Cup.

The draws en route to Wembley had been kind to us, with our name coming out of the hat first in every round, ensuring home advantage.

Macclesfield were our third round opponents and were soundly beaten 6-1, before Andriy Shevchenko, Drogba and a rare John Mikel Obi strike gave us a 3-0 won over Nottingham Forest.

Norwich were then beaten 4-0 at Stamford Bridge, setting up another home tie, this time against Martin Jol's Tottenham.

Having fallen behind to an early Dimitar Berbatov strike, Lampard equalised shortly after, but when Hossam Ghaly capitalised on a defensive error to score and Essien put through his own net, the Blues went in at half time 3-1 down.

With captain John Terry missing through injury, Blues supporters feared the worst, but Lampard scored his second goal of the game to give us hope, before Salomon Kalou volleyed an equaliser to take the tie back to White Hart Lane.

In a hostile atmosphere, this was always going to be a tight affair, but Andriy Shevchenko sent the travelling Chelsea fans wild with a stunning strike shortly before half-time to give us the lead.

Midway through the second half the game appeared to be over when Shaun Wright-Phillips finished brilliantly from a tight angle, and while a late Robbie Keane penalty ensured a nervy finish, Mourinho's side held on for a famous win.

Our semi-final against Blackburn was played at Old Trafford, and when Lampard scored after only 16 minutes we appeared to be in the driving seat, but Jason Roberts levelled midway through the second half and the result suddenly looked in doubt.

As the game went into extra time, however, we began to take control, and Michael Ballack was the eventual match-winner, firing home from Wright-Phillips' cross.

More from chelsea