Football is back! But the big date for your calendar is June 28. On Sunday, Chelsea faces Leicester City in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
It seems a lifetime ago that we swept aside Everton 4–0 at the Bridge on March 8 in one of our best performances of the season. Now, our fans are geared up and raring to go as we travel to King Power Stadium this weekend.
Still not excited enough? Here are seven reasons why Stateside fans should be tingling with anticipation at finally seeing the Blues back on the pitch:
- The return of Christian Pulisic. Captain America has been unlucky with injuries in his inaugural season. Now he’s rested, fit and set to show why he is the most expensive USA player in history.
- We are the pride of London. It’s a proud, historic city that welcomes the world, and we are the only team in the capital to have been crowned the Champions of Europe.
- Frank Lampard is our leader. “Super Frank” is a club legend and our highest scoring player of all-time. Who knows what he can achieve as our manager?
- We’ve got talent. Still not convinced? Think about the injection of exciting, young talent from our Academy that has blossomed in our ranks this year: Reece James, Fikayo Tomori, Mason Mount, Billy Gilmour, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Tammy Abraham.
- We’re already celebrating! Chelsea Women won the Barclays FA Women’s Super League and the Continental Tyres Cup, going undefeated in the curtailed season.
- You’re in famous company when you cheer for the Londoners. Celebrity supporters of the Blues include JJ Watt, Will Ferrell, Kevin Garnett and Matthew McConaughey.
- And finally, there’s still a lot to play for. In addition to our FA Cup hopes, Chelsea's Premier League campaign also is balanced on a knife-edge and the run-in is poised to be a nail-biter. Chelsea resume in fourth place – but one slip could see us fall out of the final European Champions League spot.
Chelsea wants you and your friends’ support. Cheer us on this Sunday, share this with your friends and invite them to join you in choosing the football club with thrilling matches and a bright future ahead.