The final part of the Pre-Match Briefing gets you ready for today's game...
• After a long season and playing extra-time to qualify for yet another major final, Maurizio Sarri expects his depleted squad to find it hard to prepare physically and mentally for another game three days later. Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who did so much to book a place in Baku, suffered what the Italian called ‘the usual cramp’ on Thursday.
• In defence, with the season already over for Toni Rudiger, the injury woes increased on Thursday when Andreas Christensen had to go off. Cesar Azpilicueta may retain the centre-back role, with Davide Zappacosta, who made a crucial goal-line clearance against Eintracht, at right-back. Although the likes of Reece James and Trevoh Chalobah have returned from their highly impressive Championship loans and are training with the squad, they are ineligible to play this weekend.
• Chelsea have not scored in either of the last two encounters with Leicester but have won seven of the past eight at the Foxes’ home, including the most recent four.
Three and In Quiz
• Brendan Rodgers has brought energy and collective endeavour to what was in February an ailing Leicester team. They press high, work hard and are compact and well-organised defensively. His energetic full-backs join the attack whenever they can, with Ricardo Pereira scooping Player of the Season and Players’ Player of the Season awards this week.
• Wilfried Ndidi is reminiscent of John Mikel Obi, steadily patrolling in front his centre-backs and instantly initiating attacks with long passes to the wing or through the middle to Jamie Vardy, the Foxes’ biggest threat. The England striker’s speed of thought and movement has led to three goals in his past four games in all competitions against the Blues.
• If Premier League matches finished at half-time, Leicester would be 16th in the table, yet their record in the second halves of matches is the third-best in the top flight. (Chelsea are fourth-best over the first 45 minutes, fifth in the second.)
Matchday weather outlook
Mild and sunny in the East Midlands.