Chelsea Football Club would like to apologise for problems encountered by some of our supporters using our 5th Stand app to watch a live video stream of the pre-season match against Bohemians.
A technical fault meant some users experienced intermittent breaks in the coverage or were not able to sign up in the first place, and we fully understand how disappointing it must have been to miss out on the first action under our new head coach Frank Lampard. For that we apologise.
Of course any payments made to watch the match will be refunded in full. For anyone who paid to watch on an Android device, your refund will be automatic and should be received within the next 48 hours.
If you paid to view the match on an Apple device, you will need to apply for a refund via their Problem Reporting page and you will be notified when the repayment has been made. Please see below for more details on Apple’s problem reporting.
We can assure you a full investigation is underway into the technical difficulties encountered to ensure all is resolved in time for the coverage of the next pre-season game.
If you wish to contact us over this matter, please do so via this link below:
Claiming Refund for Apple device
• Go to Apple's Problem Reporting page: http://reportaproblem.apple.com/
• Log in with your Apple ID user name (typically your email address) and password.
• Select the appropriate tab for Apps.
• Select Report a Problem to the right of the purchase you want a refund for.
• Click on Choose Problem and select I want a refund from the menu.
• Enter “Live stream not working” in the reason field and submit the problem.
• You should hear back from Apple within a few days to a week.